Electrical Machines and Drives
+91 7709387438, 8830707529
Dr. Yogesh Tatte is working with EIEDDepartment, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since July 2018. He has completed his PhD degree in Improved Direct Torque Control of Five-Phase Induction Motor from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, Maharashtra in July 2017. His research interests include Electrical Machines, Electrical Drives and Power Electronics.
- Ph.D. (VNIT, Nagpur) in Electrical Engineering specialisation in Electrical Drives
- M. Tech. in Electrical Power System, G.H.R.C.O.E., Nagpur, First class (8.86 CGPA)
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering / B.D.C.O.E., Nagpur / First class (66.31%)
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 2 years 1 month
- August 2010 – April 2011: Lecturer, Electrical Engineering Department, P.R.P.C.E, Amraoti.
- March 2017 – March 2018: Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, S.B.J.I.T.M.R. Nagpur.
- Electrical Machines
- Power Electronics
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Electrical Machines Design
- Control system
- Direct Torque Control method
- Multiphase Induction Motor Drives
- NPC Inverters
- Common-mode voltage issues in drives
- Y. Tatte; M. Aware, “Torque Ripple and Harmonic Current Reduction in Three-Level Inverter Fed Direct Torque Controlled Five-Phase Induction Motor”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 5265-5275, July 2017. [SCI Impact Factor 7.05].
- Y. Tatte; M. Aware, "Direct Torque Control of Five-Phase Induction Motor with Common-Mode Voltage and Current Harmonics Reduction," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 8644-8654, November, 2017 [SCI Impact Factor 6.812].
- Y. N. Tatte, M. V. Aware, J. K. Pandit and R. Nemade, "Performance Improvement of Three-Level Five-Phase Inverter-Fed DTC-Controlled Five-Phase Induction Motor During Low-Speed Operation," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 2349-2357, May-June 2018. [SCI Impact Factor 2.743].
- Y. N. Tatte and M. V. Aware, "Direct Torque Control of Induction Motor with Common-Mode Voltage Elimination," Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 44, no. 20, pp. 2310-2324, November 2016 [SCI Impact Factor 1.144].
- Y. N. Tatte and M. V. Aware, “Selection of Voltage Vectors in Three-Level Five-Phase Direct Torque Control for Performance Improvement” Journal of Power Electronics, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 2162-2172, November 2016 [SCI Impact Factor 1.023].
- Y. N. Tatte and M. V. Aware, “Torque Ripple Reduction in Direct Torque Controlled Five-Phase Induction Motor Using Modified Five-Level Torque Comparator”, Indian Academy of Sciences, Springer Sadhana Vol. 43, no. 1, January 2018 [SCI Impact Factor 0.465].
- Tatte Y. N. and Aware M. V.: ‘Torque ripple reduction in five-phase direct torque controlled induction motor’, Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), 2014 IEEE International Conference on, Mumbai, India, 2014
- Y. N. Tatte and M. V. Aware, "Torque ripple minimization in five-phase three-level inverter fed direct torque control induction motor drive," Power Electronics and Applications (EPE'15 ECCE-Europe), 2015 17th European Conference on, Geneva, 2015
- Yogesh N. Tatte, Mohan V. Aware, Jay K. Pandit and RonakNemade, "Performance Improvement of Three- Level Five-Phase Inverter Fed DTC Controlled Five-Phase Induction Motor During Low-Speed Operation", PowerElectronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), 2016,IEEE International Conference on, Kerala, India, 2016