Mr. Sridhar Joshi is currently Visiting Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Mr. Joshi is pursuing his Ph.D. from IIT Kanpur. He has 4 years of teaching experience. His current area of research includes Class D audio amplifier, DC-DC converters and Non-linear control techniques of power converters.
- Ph.D. (IIT Kanpur) pursuing in Class D audio amplifiers specialization in Power Electronics
- M. Tech in Power Electronics and Drives from MMMEC Gorakhpur
- B.Tech. In Electrical Engineering from Purvanchal University
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 4 years
- August 2003- July 2005: Lecturer., Electrical Engineering Department IET Jaunpur
- July, 2007 to September 2009: Sr. Lecturer, Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department, KIT Kanpur
- September, 2009 to December 2009: Sr. Lecturer, Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department, SIET Allahabad
- Control System
- Electrical Machines
- Power Electronics
- Network Analysis and Synthesis
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Class D audio amplifiers
- Dc-Dc converters
- Non-linear control of converters
- S.Joshi and P.Sensarma, “Hybrid controller for mid power audio application,” IET Power electronics, April 2017, pp. 1-8.
- S. Tolani, S. Joshi and P. Sensarma, "Dual-Loop Digital Control of a Three-Phase Power Supply Unit With Reduced Sensor Count," in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 367-375, Jan.-Feb. 2018.
- S. Joshi and P. Sensarma, “Sliding mode controlled half bridge audio amplifier using single power supply,”.IEEE Energy conversion congress and exposition, Pittsburgh, PA, 2014, pp-1256-1262. S. Joshi and P. Sensarma, "Class D audio amplifier with hybrid control," 2015 9th International Conference on Power Electronics and ECCE Asia (ICPE-ECCE Asia), Seoul, 2015, pp. 182-189. S. Joshi, S. Tolani and P. Sensarma, "Design of an analog sliding mode controlled audio amplifier," 2016 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Trivandrum, India, 2016, pp. 1-6. S. Tolani, S. Joshi and P. Sensarma, "Dual loop digital control of UPS inverter with reduced sensor count," 2016 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Trivandrum, India, 2016, pp. 1-6.
Sridhar Joshi and P.Sensarma, "HYBRID CONTROLLED ARRANGEMENT TO ACHIEVE LINEAR ELECTRICAL TO ACOUSTIC CONVERSION AND METHOD THEREOF", Indian Patent, Appl. No. 201611032621. 2016
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Best teacher award in KIT Kanpur
Message to Students & Community
Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential