Dr. Ashis Tripathy received his Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Engineering from University of Malaya (UM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He was honored with Award of Excellence-2017 for outstanding research contribution in his doctoral research program. He has obtained his M.Tech. degree from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India and B.Tech. from Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha, India. He is currently working as a Postdoctoral research fellow at Center for Micro Electro Mechanics Systems (CMEMS), University of Minho, Portugal. He is also working as an Assistant Professor-II in the department of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. Dr. Tripathy has about 6 years of teaching and 3 years of research experience. His research interests are focused on Biomaterial synthesis, implants, biosensor fabrication, wearable and flexible electronics, Instrumentation and biomedical engineering.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering from University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- M. Tech in Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
- B.Tech. In Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering from Biju Patnaik University of Technology, India
Experience: Total Teaching and Research Experience 8 years
- 13 December 2018 – Continuing: Assistant Professor-II in the Dept. of Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjab, India
- 01 December 2016- 10 December 2018 : Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering, JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- 16 August 2010 – 5 March 2013: Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Institute of Technical Education & Research, S’O’A University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
- 15 July 2010 – 15 August 2010: Lecturer in the Dept. of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, C.V.Raman College of Engg., Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
- 30 August 2019 – Continuing: Postdoctoral research fellow at Center for Micro Electro Mechanics Systems (CMEMS), University of Minho, Portugal, under Foundation for Science and Technology, portugal and co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- 2 May 2013 – June 2016: research assistant in the Department of Biomedical Engg., University of Malaya, under High Impact Research Grant Funded by Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysia.
- June 2008 – June 2009: research scholar in Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, for the development of Electronic Nose to collect the Black Tea samples and also to classify them by using different clustering techniques.
- June 2009 – June 2010: research scholar in CGCRI, Kolkata, India, for the development of oxide based Figaro sensor to detect the tea chemicals.
- Linear Control System
- Analog Electronics Device and circuit
- Digital Signal Processing
- Signal and System
- Industrial instrumentation and measurement
- Sensor and Transducer
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Nano-Material synthesis
- Flexible electronics
- Sensor Fabrication
- Biomedical Engineering
- Ashis Tripathy, Priyaranjan Sharma, Narayan Sahoo, Sumit Pramanik and Noor Azuan Abu Osman. Moisture sensitive inimitable Armalcolite/PDMS flexible sensor: A new entry. Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, Vol.262, pp. 211-220, 2018. ISSN: 0925-4005. (Citation-1) (IF: 5.401)
- Ashis Tripathy, Sumit Pramanik, Ayan Manna, Zamri Radzi and Noor Azuan Abu Osman. Dielectric and AC Conductivity Studies of Porous Armalcolite Nanocomposite based Novel Humidity Sensor. Journal of the American Ceramic Society, Wiley Online Library, Vol.100, No.11, pp. 5131–5140, 2017. DOI: 10.1111/jace.15033. ISSN: 1551-2916. (IF: 2.841)
- Ashis Tripathy, Sumit Pramanik, Ayan Manna, Hanie Nadia Shasmin, Zamri Radzi and Noor Azuan Abu Osman. Uniformly Porous Nanocrystalline CaMgFe1.33Ti3O12 Ceramic derived Electro-ceramic Nanocomposite for Impedance Type Humidity Sensor. Sensors, Vol.16, No.12, pp. 2029, 2016. ISSN: 1424-8220. (Citation-4) (IF: 2.677)
- Ashis Tripathy, Sumit Pramanik, Ayan Manna, Satyanarayan Bhuyan, Nabila Farhana Azrin Shah, Zamri Radzi and Noor Azuan Abu Osman. Design and Development for Capacitive Humidity Sensor Applications of Lead-Free Ca-Mg-Ti-Fe-Oxides Based Electro-ceramic with Improved Sensing Properties via Physisorption. Sensors, Vol.16, No. 7, pp.1135, 2016. ISSN: 1424-8220. (Citation-32). (IF: 2.677)
- Ashis Tripathy, Sumit Pramanik, Ayan Manna, Nabila Farhana Azrin Shah, Shasmin HN, Zamri Radzi and Noor Azuan Abu Osman. Synthesis and Characterizations of Novel Ca-Mg-Ti-Fe-Oxides Based Ceramic Nanocrystals and Flexible Film of Polydimethylsiloxane Composite with Improved Mechanical and Dielectric Properties for Sensors. Sensors, Vol.16, No.3, pp.292, 2016. ISSN: 1424-8220. (Citation-12). (IF: 2.677)
- Ayan Manna, Sumit Pramanik, Ashis Tripathy, Zamri Radzi, Ali Moradi, Belinda Pingguan Murphy and Noor Azuan Abu Osman. Development of Biocompatible Hydroxyapatite-Poly(ethylene glycol) Core-Shell Nanoparticles as Improved Drug Carrier: Structural and Electrical Characterizations. RSC Advances, Vol.6, pp. 102853-102868, 2016. ISSN: 2046-2069. (Citation-4). (IF: 3.108)
- Ayan Manna, Sumit Pramanik, Ashis Tripathy, Zamri Radzi, Ali Moradi, Belinda Pingguan Murphy and Noor Azuan Abu Osman. Design and Development of In situ Synthesized Layered Double Hydroxides Structure of Fe-Induced Hydroxyapatite for Drug Carrier. RSC Advances, Vol.6, pp.25549–25561, 2016. ISSN: 2046-2069. (Citation-6). (IF: 3.108).
- Ashis Tripathy, Sumit Pramanik, Jongman Cho, Jayasree Santosh & Noor Azuan Abu Osman (2014). “Role of morphological structure, doping, and coating of different materials in sensing characteristics of humidity sensors”. Sensors Vol.14, No.9, pp.16343-16422, 2014. ISSN: 1424-8220. (Citation-47). (IF: 2.677)
- Ashis Tripathy, Priyaranjan Sharma, Narayan Sahoo (2018). Synthesis, morphological, electromechanical characterization of (CaMgFex)Fe1-xTi3O12-δ/PDMS nanocomposite thin films for energy storage application. IOP Conference Series:Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 323, No. 1, pp. 012018-012024. IOP Publishing. doi:10.1088/1757-899X/323/1/012018.
- Narayan Sahoo, Ashis Tripathy and Priyaranjan Sharma (2018). Single axis control of ball position in magnetic levitation system using fuzzy logic control. IOP Conference Series:Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 323, No. 1, pp. 012020-012026. IOP Publishing.doi:10.1088/1757-899X/323/1/012020.
- Priyaranjan Sharma, Ashis Tripathy and Narayan Sahoo (2018). Evaluation of Surface Integrity of WEDM processed Inconel 718 for Jet Engine Application. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 323, No. 1, pp. 012019-012025. IOP Publishing. doi:10.1088/1757-899X/323/1/012019
- Ashis Tripathy, Narayan Sahoo, Priyaranjan Sharma (2018). “Ca/Mg/Fe/Titanium-Oxide based Sintered Nanocomposite: A novel suitable material for memory devices”. Materials today Proceedings (Elsevier): International conference on Emerging trends in materials And Mechanical engineering (ICETMM-2018), 29th – 30th January 2018, Jaipur, India.
- Ashis Tripathy, A. Dutta, D. Majumder, D. Choudhury, B. Tudu, N. B hattacharyya (2010), “Black Tea quality evaluation using kernel PCA”, Proceedings of the International conference on Instrumentation ICI-2009 / NSI-34,Pune, 21st-23rd ,pp-194, January-2010.
- Sumit Pramanik, Ayan Manna, Ashis Tripathy, and Kamal K. Kar (2017). “Current Advancements in Ceramic Matrix Composites”. In Composite Materials (pp. 457-496). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Ashis Tripathy, Belayet Hossain, Belinda Murphy, Yan Chai Hum, Lai Khin Wee, “Development of Ultrasound Knee Image Improvement for Osteoarthritis Detection”, 10th September 2014, Infrastructure University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- 29 January 2018: Best paper award at International Conference on “Emerging Trends In Materials And Mechanical Engineering (ICETMM– 2018)” held during 29-30th January 2018 at Poornima University Jaipur, India on the topic " Ca/Mg/Fe/Titanium-Oxide based Sintered Nanocomposite: A novel suitable material for memory devices".
- 25 November 2017: Best paper award by The International Academy of Science and Engineering for Development at the ISMDMA 2017 Conference (2017 International Symposium on Mechanical Design, Manufacture and Automation), DUBAI, UAE.
- 23 March 2017: Received Award of Excellence-2017 for outstanding research performance in PhD, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- May 2013 – June 2016: Received High Impact Research grant, UM/MOHE/HIR grant (Project number: D000014-16001)Funded by Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysia
- July 2008 – July 2010: Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD, India) scholarship
- 26 November 2015: Invited Special Honorary Member, Research Excellency Award Ceremony, University of Malaya, A Dinner with King, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 21 August 2015: Honorarium Award as Member of Centre for Applied Biomechanics (CAB), Becoming Most Productive Centre in University of Malaya, 2014-2015.
- 10 September 2014: Awarded with Bronze medal for the poster presentation in the Infrastructure university, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 28 August 2014: Cracked quizzes in Bruker Nano Surfaces Analysis & Characterization workshop, University of Malaya.
- 15 March 2008: Cracked Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE-2008) All India Rank 108, MHRD, India
Membership of Professional Bodies
- IEEE Membership No: 94435568
- The Institution of Engineers (IE) India Membership No: M-1591473
- The International Academy of Science and Engineering for Development (IASED) Membership No: 51050173
- The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Membership No: LM119148
- International Association of Advanced Materials Membership No: 84651913007
Message to Students & Community
“ Do what has never been done before”